Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 19.11.2015 05:54

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

My Thoughts on TV Tower

TV Tower: a game made in honor of Mad TV, a gem in the old games. TV Tower has lots of complexity to it, but it's not too overwhelming; you fell great when things go right, and get a feeling of utter terror when thing's don't. You actually get nervous when going to see your boss, especially when you've had a broadcast error. The game has so many amazing aspects to it, and there are only a few negative bits here and there.
   POSITIVES:
+A sense of humor!
+Some of the best movie titles I've ever seen
+Some of the best ads I've ever seen
+I can't imagine what the Super Bowl would be like in this game
+Lots of content
+Creates the emotions real TV Tower employees likely go through every day
+Wide variety of programs
+So much realism; best paid programs ever!
+Catchy music
+Very well-done news system; you never know what is going to happen next, no matter how many games or how long you play
+Erotic topic; now I can finally create Playboy on TV! laugh
+Realistic boss; always has something to complain about, no matter what you do(unless it's repaying your debt!)
+Clever AIs; they know what you're up to, and they'll optomize their programming, spend extra money, and spam the crap out of everything just so they can beat you!
+More towers can be purchased to get more views and more MONEY! biggrin
   NEGATIVES:
-Sadly, there is no tutorial; I went bankrupt 3 times because I had no idea what to do other than adding programs into the schedule and making sure ads went through ok
-A few features(like Betty's "love affair") are incomplete or are just not there, yet
-Not enough series! It seems like there are never any series with critic reviews of over 25% left after the first 3 days or so
-No full translation of English, but this is being worked on, plus it is reasonable; the developers of the game are German, so of course they are going to program with German; not that big of a deal since there's enough there to know what is what when it comes to key features
-No holiday films(at least I don't think so)! It's be great to be able to play holiday-themed movies and be like the Hallmark Channel
-The studio doesn't work(?); you can buy scripts, but when the guy gives you a shopping list, you can't click on it to do anything, not can you go to the supermarket to buy anything
   Other than that, there is an incredible and hilarious game here. TV Tower is one of those gems in the indie development world that gets covered up by big-wigs like Layers of Fear or Game Dev Tycoon; when really, this is the real deal. This is one of the best tycoon(I guess you could say) games I've ever played!
RATING: 9/10 biggrin

#2 19.11.2015 08:59

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

Re: My Thoughts on TV Tower

Thaaaanks for the honey.

@custom production
This is an upcoming feature

@holiday films
You mean something like "christmas movies" during december (Day 12 of a year :-))?
For this we would need "keywords" for each programme. And then we need keywords for seasons - and if something "hits", it would get a bonus.
If there is enough interest in such a feature, I would introduce the possibility to do so.

@tutorial
There is a (German) manual in the game directory ("Spielanleitung.txt") but an ingame tutorial is also possible - there is already a basic "did you know"-starttips thing integrated, but disabled. It also needs way more content (for each screen). As I want to replace that with a real ingame guide (with arrows, multiple guide-steps er screen etc) this is also a "ToDo".

@erotic topic
Yes, think too, that such programme is not that common in American games...albeit "realistic" for other markets (like the German one - especially in the years from 1985-1995).

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#3 20.11.2015 07:13

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Re: My Thoughts on TV Tower

Yeah, I was wondering why the studio was not letting me "shop" for stuff to produce movies! See, I don't really care about all that fancy schmancy stuff for holiday films; I'd just like to see them in the movie store, but maybe cheaper off-season, and they get more expensive as their holiday comes closer, if that's possible? I don't care if it doesn't happen; I'll just make my own Christmas/ Halloween movies especially, but I just thought it would add something interesting to the game; take ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween or 25 Days of Christmas for example.
Yeah, erotic topics are a little taboo in games, but I don't care, I love that it's in the game, especially the descriptions of some of the movies! You guys really know how to make people laugh. laugh
I had no idea that there even was a tutorial file. I feel like an in-game tutorial would be nice to have, but it really isn't that necessary; the game in its current state isn't that hard, minus the chaos with unpredictable views and having to meet a 6-view ad by the end of the day. That and making sure your news is up to date, which around lunchtime is hard af sometimes. But I love it; it makes me feel like I'm a real TV Channel manager with real responsibilities and with real, sometimes real stupid, competitors. I can't wait till the next version; take as long as you need. I'll probably still be spamming those 5-hour Monumentals, despite the horrible topicality losses! smile
Speaking of which, that is really my only problem with this update; Topicality goes down way too fast sometimes and it can be almost impossible to recover. If you guys could just tone down the topicality loss a bit, I feel like it would push me away from wanting to buy 30 million movies to wait for one to recover. Other than that, this last update was a great one to the game; it added so many features that I never even realized the game actually needed! Keep up the gook work... and the good advice. biggrin

Schnellantwort auf dieses Thema

Schreibe deinen Beitrag und versende ihn
Bist Du ein Mensch oder ein Roboter ?

Verifizierung, dass diese Aktion durch eine reale Person vorgenommen wird und nicht von einem Programm.