Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 06.06.2006 08:11

seeker1977
Mitglied

Updates and spanish translation

Good morning from Seville, Spain. This is my first post. I'm a great fan of the original MadTV (in fact, i'm currently playing it under DosBox). I've seen this awesome remake and i have a few questions. I can't speak german so i'll try to explain myself in english.
1) Is there a final version of the game? I don't care about multiplayer option, i'd be happy just playing a single player game. I tried playing the DUSMania version but it seems you're incredibly rich when you start playing and so there's no point in keep on playing once you've seen the game is worth playing it smile.
2) Before i realized that matter, i started translating the movie database into Spanish. Currently i have translated 33% of it, but i wonder if it's ok to finish it since there are no updates in this game. If I knew this project is still active and i will have a beta playable version at least, i'd finish translating the database.

Can anyone answer me? Thx

#2 06.06.2006 21:16

John Cena
Gast

Re: Updates and spanish translation

I know that the game is in progress but i dont now when its finished

#3 07.06.2006 10:44

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

At the moment it's no real problem if you have a ready translated database (for being able to import it to our online-editor and then to export it in my new structure.

But if you don't care waiting, wait! As I mentioned (in German) the new database is xml-structured. So there's no editor in need anylonger (if one is a hardcoder ;D). Although the size may increase a bit the compression will be much better for being a textfile instead of a binary one.

So I would prefer to suggest not to continue the translation until the new versions of TVGigant are ready and functional nearly the same as the old one.

bye Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#4 09.06.2006 08:04

seeker1977
Mitglied

Wow, thank you very much Ronny, i'll wait for new versions. By the way, I could help you in the project if you want to. I can program under SDL and XML (and some other languages as i have an I.T. degree). I don't have much free time (i've had a son recently) but I'd be happy to contribute.

Is there a expected release date for the new version? Thx

Schnellantwort auf dieses Thema

Schreibe deinen Beitrag und versende ihn
Bist Du ein Mensch oder ein Roboter ?

Verifizierung, dass diese Aktion durch eine reale Person vorgenommen wird und nicht von einem Programm.